2009 was a wonderful journey. Most memorable would be my travels during these 365 days.
1) Tanjung Harapan, Port Klang.
- New year got off to a different start as commonly celebrated. There were fireworks indeed, just by the Batu 3 highway. Made ourselves to Port Klang to have our first meal of 2009 at a seafood restaurant. Participants: Lodeh, Pet, Ila, Jen, Kak Rok.
2) Bandung, Indonesia
- My uncle decided to marry a Sundanese from Bandung. As the closest family members, three of us went to represent the groom's family, besides, the groom's son himself. Ehehe. Participants : My mother, my brother.
1) Pertak, kuala Kubu Bharu
- A mini journey to the Pertak waterfalls, the one Bulu had been telling stories of for morethan three years. Participants: Bulu, Dugong, Pet, Ila, Lodeh, Cikut, Zeti, Ina, Mat Dusun, Ayut.
1) Sitiawan, Perak.
- A weekend trip to Mat Dusun's hometown in Sitiawan, Perak. The journey would involve playing cards in the middle of a waterfront, an afternoon swim in the waters of Teluk Senangin, a one and a half hour drive to Kuala Sepetang just for a bowl of overrated prawn noodles, and of course, mentarangs. Participants : Mat Dusun, Bulu, Effa, Jen, Kak Rok, Ancak, Bai.
- Just a week before the main event, Redang, five of us went to Melaka, staying at Lodeh's house. Met up with Dugong, a self-proclaimed Malaccan for three weeks, and we just walk ourselves around the city of Malacca. It was somekind of a preparation for the main journey. Morevoer, lodeh just bought a brang new Lubitel. Participants: Lodeh, Pet, Jen, Kak Rok.
2) Redang aka (RAKA)
- The main event, planned since the fourth quarter of 2008. Involving 16 of us, it was sure a headache for organizers me and Kak Rok, but was hell of a remedy too. Besides the compulsory snorkeling, went for squid jigging which was not everyone's cup of tea. Well almost not everyone's. This trip holds the record for the most vomits in a single trip. Participants: Jen, Kak Rok, Pet, Ila, Bai, Dugong, Bulu Pujek, Lin, Emi, Elma, Putat, Lodeh, Sinah, Popo.
1) Taman Tas, Kuantan, Pahang
- Wasn't really sure about the true nature of this trip. Probably we were just tagging along Pet's ritual balik kampung, besides attending Umi's wedding. It was also Ilah's second time to Kuantan, if I'm not mistaken. Syahir and Dirah was there too. And it was Dirah's weekly balik kampung. Went to swim for the second time at Balok, only to regret it later. Ate seafood at Tanjung Lumpur and had some kopi ayah peng at Emi's hometown, Kemaman.
1) FRIM, Kepong, Selangor
- Well, it was supposed to be a breeze walk according to mastermind Syahir. Just like a walk in the Lake Gardens, he texted me. Even in the text message I could sense a discomforting vibe of deceit. Squeezed out half of my life climbing up hills, walking through hanging bridges. Good Sunday morning activity though. Participants: Syahir, Dirah, Tompel, Shaz, Yong Shi Qim and Jedai.
1) Bandung, Indonesia
-Another big event in the travelling journal. Revisited Tangkuban Parahu which ended in a hilarious twist. Went to Kampung Daun, did some shopping, but were more excited with photogaphy. Participants: Pejai, Syeh, Hazami, Aiman.
1) Lumut, Perak
- APS Family Day this was held at Lumut's Swiss Garden Resort. Had an exciting event, with almost 60 of us wreaking havoc, well, mostly with our voices during karoke night. Participants: That 60 people.
- Met some important, friendly locals, drank black tea, got sucked in by a Trong patch, had shower in a stranger's house, boarded a submarine and got followed by a freak. Summing this trip with the former sentence would be an understatement. This may not be a usuaal Maldivian holiday, but hell I could say that it was a true Maldivian experience. Participants: Jen, Kak rok, Elma